Leeds City Council has submitted a planning application to deliver 4 new floodlit 3G football pitches, with associated changing and community facilities, on land connected to Thorpe Park Leeds.
The plans, which form part of the wider Green Park being delivered adjacent to Thorpe Park Leeds, and with the benefit of funding from the development, would provide a state of the art sports facility, available for use by the local community, including the business community at Thorpe Park.
What does the scheme include?
Leeds City Council and the Football Foundation are pleased to present proposals for a new community sports hub at Green Park (land to the west of Thorpe Park, Leeds). The scheme will include four floodlit 3G artificial football pitches that will be available for public use including by local football clubs. A sporting pavilion building is also proposed containing changing facilities, a community cafe and meeting rooms. This development can provide a host of benefits to the local community, such as:
- A variety of formal and informal landscaping as part of the proposed wider parkland setting;
- Much needed sports facilities and open space for the locality;
- Pedestrian and cycling routes designed to connect the scheme with Green Park, Thorpe Park and the local area;
- The scheme will encourage community engagement and inclusion as well as improved health & well-being for users of the facility;
- On-site parking (accessed from Thorpe Park) will be available for users of the sports hub and Green Park;
- The proposed layout of the 3G pitches has been carefully considered to minimise impact on existing trees and surrounding properties.
Indicative project timeline
- January 2021: Planning / consultation period starts;
- April 2021: Planning approval;
- June 2021: Appoint contractor;
- July 2021: Start on site
- August 2022: Finish on-site
What happens next?
For further details of the planning application you can visit the planning pages on the Leeds City Council website, using planning reference 20/08412/FU. Any queries or comments can also be directed to email@example.com
The full public consultation flyer can also be downloaded here.